The AP09258751 project "Development of a microbial biological product that increases plant resistance to drought and salinization" is carried out within the framework of the contract for the implementation of scientific, scientific and technical projects for grant financing dated 07.04.2021 No.148/36-21-23 concluded between LLP "NPC of Microbiology and Virology" and the State Institution "Committee of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan".
Relevance. Among the factors affecting crop production, climatic and weather conditions are in the first place. Abiotic stresses such as drought, salinization, extreme temperatures and pollutants are the main cause of crop losses worldwide. In recent years, drought has become a serious problem in the Republic of Kazakhstan due to changing climatic conditions and drying up of reservoirs [1-5]. The accelerated expansion of arid lands is predicted for the next century [6,7]. More than half of the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan is saline land, irrigated soils are highly susceptible to secondary salinization.
An environmentally sound and effective means of increasing plant resistance to drought and soil salinization is the use of preparations of microorganisms that affect the physiological and biochemical mechanisms of plant protection.
The aim of the project is to develop a biological product based on endophytic microorganisms to increase plant resistance to drought and salinization.
- for 2021: Endophytic microorganisms will be isolated from xerophyte plants and plants growing in arid and saline conditions;
- for 2022: Consortia will be drawn up and selected to protect plants from drought and salinization. will take part in a scientific conference.
- for 2023: A biological product will be developed to increase the resistance of plants to drought and salinization. The hazard class of the selected microorganisms will be determined, and new selected strains will be deposited in the depository.
Will be published:
- at least 3 (three) articles and (or) reviews in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded of the Web of Science database and (or) having a CiteScore percentile in the Scopus database of at least 35 (thirty-five);
- or at least 2 (two) articles and (or) reviews in peer-reviewed scientific publications indexed in the Science Citation Index Expanded of the Web of Science database and (or) having a CiteScore percentile in the Scopus database of at least 35 (thirty-five), and at least 1 (one) patent included in the DerwentInnovationsIndex database (Web of Science, ClarivateAnalytics);
- as well as at least 1 (one) article or review in a peer-reviewed foreign or domestic publication recommended by COXON;
- or at least 2 (two) articles and (or) reviews in peer-reviewed scientific publications included in the 1st (first) and (or) 2nd (second) quartiles in the Web of Science database and (or) having a CiteScore percentile in the Scopus database of at least 65 (sixty-five);
- or at least 1 (one) article or review in a peer-reviewed scientific publication that is included in the 1st (first) quartile in the Web of Science database and (or) has a CiteScore percentile in the Scopus database of at least 80 (eighty).
2 applications for inventions of the Republic of Kazakhstan will be submitted.
Will take part in a scientific conference.
Achieved results (for the first half of 2021):
- A comparative analysis of the microbiomes of identical plants in wet and arid habitats was carried out. Microorganisms dominating among the endophytes of plants of plants living in arid conditions were selected. Isolation of endophytes from drought-resistant plants has begun. 2 endophytic bacteria were isolated from the bird mountaineer plant (Polýgonum aviculáre), 3 endophytic bacteria and 1 endophytic fungus from the small-leaved Canadian plant (Erígeron canadénsis), living in arid conditions of the city of Almaty. The selection of plants from arid and humid habitats in the vicinity of P. Zhapek batyr of Almaty region. The composition of endophytic microorganisms of plants of the same species growing in different conditions is compared. More than 30 isolates of microorganisms were selected from 8 plant species living in arid conditions for further research.
Amangeldi A.A., Oleinikova E.A., Chizhaeva A.V., Saubenova M.G., Ermekbai Zh.N., Yelubaeva M.E. Influence of endophytic microorganisms on plant resistance to drought and salinization // Materials of the international scientific and practical online conference "Modern problems of natural sciences and interdisciplinary research". – Atyrau: H. Dosmukhamedov atyndagi Atyrau University, 2021. – Vol. 2. – pp. 58-62.
- Climatic and weather conditions occupy the first place among the factors influencing the growth and productivity of agricultural crops. An effective means of increasing plant resistance to drought and salinization is the use of microbial preparations that affect the physiological and biochemical mechanisms of plant protection. The article reviews the literature data on the effect of endophytic microorganisms on increasing plant resistance to arid and saline conditions.
Yelubaeva M.E., PhD, SNC, ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4622-0880
- Oleynikova E.A., PhD, Head of the laboratory, ORCID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9820-9184 , Scopus Author ID 57219126476, ResearcherID Web of Science: J-4497-2018,
- Kerdyashkina G.V., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Senior researcher
- Amangeldi A.A., Master of Biotechnology, Researcher at ORCID
- Ermekbay Zh.N., Bachelor of Biotechnology, laboratory assistant